ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Responsibility / Expectation --
- Experience in managing/supporting highly available 24 x 7 production oracle RAC environments
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning oracle/RAC databases in Linux environments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and thorough understanding of PL/SQL, stored procedures/packages is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with 11g RAC and DataGuard is a must and be able to work independently.
- Knowledge/experience in Oracle Golden Gate is a plus.
- Should be able to own problems in customer databases and provide leadership in arriving at solutions.
- Strong knowledge in backup and recovery procedures with usage of RMAN.
- Hands on experience with Oracle Enterprise manager/Grid Control.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Should be able to develop ad-hoc shell/perl scripts and SQL quereis based on end-user requests.
- Provide backup support to other database Technical Support team members.
- Provide Proactive Monitoring of databases and automation of health check process.
- Knowledge of MySQL Cluster is a plus.
- Travel required up to 20% of the time-95% of this will be domestic and maybe a very occasional international trip.
Education : MS or BS Degree with 5-10+ Years of relevant experience
PLEASE APPLY AT WWW.GRITECHSOL.COM