Director, Intellectual Property
PALO ALTO, CA
SEND YOUR RESUME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
Our Client is the world’s largest bookseller and one of the world’s fastest growing digital media and consumer technology companies with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. Our Digital Products engineering and product teams, based in Palo Alto, continues to lead innovation in this space. As part of our team, you will experience the excitement of inventive research and design working along side a world-class team. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
The Director of Intellectual Property based in Palo Alto, CA., will be responsible for providing legal support for intellectual property matters. Manage patent portfolio and strategic procurement of patents. Provide day to day counseling in all aspects of trademark law including developing and maintaining policing protocols, clearance searches, applications and disputes/conflicts. Provide support on Implementing IP strategies/policies including enterprise –wide operational risk and compliance. This role will advise and provide for all aspects of intellectual property pre-litigations and pending litigation matters. Provide cost-effective management of outside counsel. You will be responsible for budgeting of intellectual property matters. This position reports to the general counsel located in New York City and is a member of the corporate legal department.
· Minimum of 7 years prior legal experience and in-house experience preferred.
· Hardware and digital content experience preferred.
· Member of the California bar or eligible for admission under in-house counsel rules.
· Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited school.
· Ability to travel to headquarters in New York as needed.
· Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment by prioritizing projects and adapting to significant workload.
· Effective, able to work independently within guidelines from corporate office; excellent writing and oral communications skills; self-directed and able to work independently.
PLEASE APPLY AT WWW.GRITECHSOL.COM